Even though I’m pretty good at typing, common grammar mistakes and typos often tend to sneak in and make the messages sound foolish. And when that happens, I either have to re-write the message or say sorry for making the mistakes. In either scenario, you feel bad and wish there was an easy way to edit messages. I guess many of you would have felt this agony at some point or the other. Bother not, Apple has finally come up with a better way to fix this situation. That said, here is how you can edit iMessages in macOS 13 Ventura on Mac.
Edit iMessages in macOS 13 Ventura on Mac
Before we begin, let’s check out the prerequisites so that you won’t run into any unexpected roadblocks later.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Bear in mind that if you send the edited message to someone who is still using the older macOS versions or iOS 15/iPadOS 15, they will continue to see the original message.
- Note that Apple allows you to edit iMessages only up to 15 minutes after sending. Therefore, you must check out the mistakes and make the necessary changes within the stipulated time.
- Though, within the limited time, you can edit a message multiple times if need be.
Easily Edit Messages in Apple Messages App in macOS 13 Ventura
Step 1. To greet started, open the Apple Messages app on your Mac.
Step 2. Now, head over to the conversation thread where you would like to edit a sent message.
Step 3. Next, find the message in question and then right/control+click on the message.
Step 4. Next up, select Edit in the popup menu.
Step 5. Now, edit the message and then hit the checkmark icon right next to the message to confirm.
That’s pretty much all you have to do to edit an already-sent message in the Apple Messages app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is iMessage not working on my Mac?
Ensure that you have a proper internet connection. Besides, make sure iMessage is not facing any outage by going to the Apple System Status webpage.
2. Is iMessage end-to-end encrypted?
Thanks to the end-to-end encryption, iMessage is fully secure. So, you can rest assured that no one, not even Apple, can check your personal messages.
It’s worth pointing out that the Apple Messages app also allows you to unsend messages on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Besides, there is an option to edit messages on iPhone and iPad running iOS 16/ iPadOS 16. That said, what do you have to say about the stock messaging app? Be sure to send your thoughts in the comments section below.