Unless you are living in the rocks, you know that JioCinema has triggered a hailstorm by unleashing Tata IPL for free. Irrespective of which devices you own, so long as you have a ton of cellular data or Wi-Fi at your disposal, you can feast your eyes on watching Tata IPL. Oh yes, you can even cash in on hot deals and employ your guesswork to win a lot of money. Unfortunately, some users have complained that JioCinema is not working on iPad and iPhone. If the issue has troubled you as well, we’ve got you covered with viable tips and tricks to bring the sensational video-streaming app back on track!
Fix JioCinema Not Working on iPad and iPhone (2023)
Before we begin, let’s figure out the possible reasons why JioCinema is not functioning properly on iOS and iPadOS!
So, what is preventing JioCinema from working properly?
Having myself encountered a lot of issues while using JioCinema, I must say that it’s an incredible rush to watch the live streaming of the matches that is causing the app to ill-function. JioCinema’s server is seemingly unable to handle the massive demand, which prevents the app from running smoothly. Moreover, a sluggish internet connection is equally responsible for the chaos.
On top of all, an outdated version of the video-streaming app, a miscellaneous glitch, and a hidden software bug could also be gate-crashing your watch party. Therefore, you may need to try multiple tips to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Force Quit JioCinema App and Relaunch It
To get started, force kill the JioCinema app and relaunch it. If the app is freezing or crashing time and time again, it will get rid of the problem right away.
- On iPhone and iPad without the Home Button: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen -> hold in the middle of the screen to access the App Switcher -> swipe up on the JioCinema app card to kill the app.
- On iPhone and iPad with the Home Button: Double-press the Home Button -> find the JioCinema app card and then swipe up on it to kill the app.
Make sure to force quit all the apps that are open in the background to free up memory. After that, open JioCinema and play a movie or TV show to check if the problem is gone.
2. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
When you are dealing with a sloppy internet connection, make sure to bring on this nifty but might effective hack into play.
- On iPhone and iPad without the Home Button: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center and hit the Airplane mode icon to turn it on. Wait for a few seconds and then tap on the Airplane mode icon to turn it off.
- On iPhone and iPad with the Home Button: Swipe up from the bottom to bring up the Control Center -> tap on the Airplane mode icon to turn it on/off.
3. Turn Off/On Cellular or Wi-Fi
At times, all you have to do to troubleshoot the ill-fated cellular or Wi-Fi connection is to just turn off/on the cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad -> Cellular/Wi-Fi. After that, turn off/on the toggle.
4. Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Reconnect to It
If your Wi-Fi connection is throwing tantrums or seems to be rather slow, forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect to it.
- Open the Settings app on your device -> Wi-Fi -> tap on the “i” aka info button right next to the Wi-Fi network and hit Forget This Network.
- Next, reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
- If that doesn’t work, restart your Wi-Fi router.
5. Restart Your iPhone or iPad
More often than not, rebooting can help you overcome minor issues. Hence, I would recommend you give a quick restart to your iDevice.
6. Hard Reset Your iPhone or iPad
If the soft restart has not fixed the ill-functioning JioCinema app, go for the force restart. The reason why it’s so effective is that it’s able to clean up temporary files to free up memory, which helps in fixing miscellaneous issues.
7. Update the JioCinema App
Knowing that an outdated version also tends to cause issues, make sure to update the JioCinema app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store -> tap on your profile at the top-right corner of the screen -> scroll down to find the JioCinema app, and then tap on Update next to it.
8. Enable Background App Refresh
With the background app refresh enabled, apps are able to run smoothly. Therefore, allow the JioCinema app to refresh in the background.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad -> General -> Background App Refresh and then turn on the toggle for it.
- Scroll down to find the JioCinema app and then turn on the toggle for it.
9. Enable Wi-Fi Assist
To ensure you have uninterrupted web browsing, music-streaming, or movie-watching experience, iOS comes with a feature called “Wi-Fi Assist”. When activated, it enables your iPhone to automatically switch to cellular data when Wi-Fi connectivity is poor.
- Go to the Settings app on your device -> Cellular/Mobile Data -> Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and enable the toggle for Wi-Fi Assist.
10. Check the Server Status
If the JioCinema app is still struggling to work as expected, it could very well be embroiled in a server issue. In this case, you can just hope that the company detects the issue and gets rid of it sooner than later.
11. Reset Network Settings
If the internet connection on your iPhone seems to be sloppy, try resetting the network connection.
- Navigate to the Settings app -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
12. Delete and Reinstall JioCinema App
Should the problem persist, delete and reinstall the JioCinema app.
- Touch and hold the JioCinema app icon -> Remove App -> Delete App and confirm.
- Now, launch the App Store -> find the JioCinema app and install it.
- Next, open the app and set it up from scratch.
13. Update Your iPhone or iPad
A software bug could also be making life difficult for the JioCinema app. Thus, try updating the software on your device.
- Fire up the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad -> General -> Software Update -> then download and install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
14. Factory Reset Your Device
When there is a discussion going on about a reliable iOS troubleshooter, how long can you keep “Factory Reset” out of sight? But before you try it, do note that it will clean up all the custom settings including your Home Screen, and put everything back to the default state.
- On your iOS/iPadOS device, open the Settings app -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
15. Open JioCinema in a Browser
While it’s not a perfect solution per se, I would suggest you open JioCinema in a browser and stream a video to check if it works. If you are able to watch videos in a browser, the app could be faced with some serious issues. In such a situation, you can’t do much but wait until the developer fixes the problem for good.
There you go! Hopefully, these tips have helped you restore your fun-filled video-streaming or should I say live IPL streaming. Great, make sure to share your thoughts and the hacks that clicked for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is JioCinema only for Jio users?
With a view to taking JioCinema to the next level, they have made JioCinema available for everyone, even those who are not Jio users.
2. Is JioCinema available on Apple TV?
You can use JioCinema on your Apple TV running tvOS 10 or later.
3. Does JioCinema only work in India?
As of now, JioCinema works only in India as it’s not available on International roaming.