With the introduction of iOS 16, Apple has added the Haptic Keyboard feedback. Hence, when you press the keys on the QuickType Keyboard, you feel a gentle vibration that makes it more convenient for you to type. While the iPhone Haptic keyboard feedback is pretty reliable, it is not without flaws and at times does not seem to work without any obvious reason whatsoever. But bother not, these 5 best tips can help you fix iPhone haptic keyboard not working in iOS 16 issue.
Fix iPhone Haptic Keyboard Feedback Not Working Issue
First off, let’s dig into the reasons that could be preventing the haptic keyboard from working properly!
Possible reasons why the Haptic Keyboard is not working on your iPhone
A hidden software bug could be the main reason why the haptic keyboard is not working on your iPhone. Luckily, Apple keeps releasing new software updates with plenty of performance improvements and bug fixes. So, you can bank on the software update to let you get rid of the problem. However, if the problem is due to a minor software glitch, a simple restart or force restart can get the job done for you.
Turn Off/On Keyboard Haptic Feedback on iPhone
The very first solution that I would recommend you try is to turn on or off Haptic. Since it has worked for me in fixing the Keyboard vibration on iPhone on many occasions, I’m going to count on it to resolve the issue.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone -> Sounds & Haptics -> Keyboard Feedback. Now, turn off/on the toggle for Haptic.
Restart Your iPhone
Another solution that you should try is to restart your iPhone. Believe it or not, a simple reboot has helped me resolve many common iOS issues. So, it is always worth giving it a try.
- Press and hold the volume up/down button and the side button at once. Then, drag the power off slider to shut down your device.
- Next, hold down the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Hard Reset Your iPhone
When it comes to troubleshooting miscellaneous issues, hard reset aka force restart is second to none. Therefore, you should not fail to try this ever-reliable solution.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button. Then, press and release the volume down button.
- After that, hold down the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Reset All Settings
Factory reset is a radical solution that has the knack of fixing even complex issues. For those unfamiliar, it cleans up the entire existing settings but keeps all of your media and data intact. Thus, you should not worry about losing any data.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Now, enter Screen Time Passcode (if you have set it up) and device passcode and hit Reset All Settings again to confirm.
Update Software on Your iPhone
If keyboard vibration is still not working on your iPhone, chances are pretty high that the problem could be due to a software bug. To get rid of this bug, you will need to update the software. As Apple often rolls out updates with several bug fixes and performance improvements, updating the software could get the job done.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Software Update.
- Then, download and install the latest version of iOS on your iPhone.
That’s done! Hopefully, you have fixed the Haptic Keyboard on your device. Would you like to tell me which one of the above tricks has worked for you? And if any other trick not mentioned in this guide has come to your rescue, do not forget to let us know about that as well.