Introduced in iOS 15, “Visual Look Up” excels in identifying landmarks, pets, plants, and other objects in your photos. With iOS 17, this machine learning and artificial intelligence-driven feature can also recognize food recipes. Save this feature for times when you come across a yummylicious dish and wish to find out more about it in order to satiate your craving or learn how to cook it like a master chef. As a connoisseur of food, I have found this new add-on a worthy addition to the Photos app. Follow along to learn how to use Visual Look Up to find a food recipe in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad.
Use Visual Look Up to Find a Food Recipe in iOS 17/iPadOS 17
To begin with, let’s briefly understand how this new add-on works!
How Does Look Up Food Work in Photos App on iOS and iPadOS?
So, how does identifying a food recipe work on iPhone or iPad? To be more precise, the “Visual Look Up” doesn’t do anything unique to recognize a recipe. Instead of showing the usual “Info” icon, the “Look Up Food” feature displays a “Knife and a fork” icon. Tapping on this icon brings up a card with multiple Safari links about the food. Hence, you can dive into the details and quench your thirst for your curiosity.
Now, another question that comes to mind is how accurate the “Look Up Food” is. Leveraging the power of AI and machine learning, this feature does a fair job of revealing the identity of a famous food recipe.
However, when faced with a slightly lesser-known recipe, it either fails to kick in or doesn’t show the right results. But I don’t think it will take too much time to improve both in terms of efficiency and accuracy.
Find a Food Recipe in Photos App on iPhone and iPad
- To get started, use your iPhone/iPad’s camera to capture a photo or record a video of the yummy dish.
- After that, launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, head over to the image you have just captured.
- Next up, tap on the Information button at the bottom of the screen.
- The “Info” button will now turn into a “knife and fork” icon. Up next, tap on the “knife and fork icon” to reveal an additional card complete with a list of recipe results.
- Thanks to the direct links to each recommendation, you can easily check out all the related information about the recipe and also learn how to master it.
And that’s pretty much it! I hope delicious dishes will no longer play hide and seek with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is my iPhone overheating while being charged?
It’s fine for a smartphone to become a little (negligible) hot when being juiced up. However, when the device tends to become rather hot while being powered up, you should ensure that the charger is certified.
2. What has caused the battery to drain on my iPhone?
Power-hungry features are often major culprits for the battery drain issue. Besides, the worn-out battery, faulty charger, and software bugs are also responsible for triggering an unexpected battery drain on iPhone.
3. Why hasn’t Apple launched a foldable iPhone yet?
Apple prefers to enter a segment only when it’s either mature or has moved from a nascent stage. Considering the fact that foldable smartphones are still in the dawning, the Cupertino giant is in the classic wait-and-watch game. Once the company realizes that it’s high time to get into action with precision and a more refined alternative with all the bases covered, the foldable iPhone will take center stage.