There are all sorts of reasons why you should take control of the auto-playing videos in Facebook. Maybe you find the automatically playing videos distracting or maybe they tend to slow down your feed. Or, maybe you wish to save as much cellular data on your device as possible by stopping videos from playing on their own. Whatever your personal reason, you would be glad to know that it’s pretty easy to disable autoplay videos on Facebook on iPhone and Android.
Stop Facebook Videos from Playing Automatically on iPhone and Android
Before you begin to wonder about compatibility, let me assure you that disabling Facebook’s auto-playing videos has existed for a long time. Hence, even if you are using an older version of the social media app, chances are you can take advantage of this relatively hidden feature.
However, I would recommend you have the latest version of the app just to keep any confusion at bay. On iPhone, head over to the App Store -> tap on your profile at the top right corner of the screen -> Scroll down to find the Facebook app, and hit the Update button right next to it.
On Android, navigate to the Play Store -> search for the Facebook app, and then tap on the “Update” button to install the latest version of the update.
- To get started, open Facebook on your iPhone or Android device.
- Now, tap on your profile at the bottom right corner of the screen. Note that if you are using an Android device, you will need to tap on the profile at the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, scroll down and select “Settings and privacy“.
- Then, choose “Cellular data usage“.
- Next, select the “Never Autoplay Videos” and then quit the settings.
That’s pretty much it! This smart feature will get into action right away and stop videos from playing automatically on Facebook. Therefore, you can rest assured that useless videos will no longer gobble up plenty of your precious data or drain the battery of your device.
How to Allow Facebook’s Videos to Play Automatically on iPhone and Android
Later, if you ever happen to change your mind, you can let videos play automatically.
- To do so, launch the Facebook app on your device.
- On iOS, tap on your profile at the bottom right corner of the user interface. On Android, tap on the profile at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings and privacy -> Cellular data use.
- Under the auto-play videos section, deselect the “Never auto-play videos” option and that’s about it!