Without an iota of doubt, Live Stickers is one of the most loved iOS 17 features alongside StandBy and NameDrop. If you are fond of stickers and use them as your go-to arsenal for messaging, there is a good chance you would be already a fan of Live Stickers. But have you ever wished to turn GIFs into Live Stickers in iOS 17 on iPhone or iPad? If the answer is yes, let’s get started!
Convert GIFs into Live Stickers on iOS and iPadOS
Before going any further, let’s understand how this tip works!
How do you convert a GIF into a Live Sticker on iPhone and iPad?
Now, you must be wondering how you transform a GIF into a Live Sticker. Well, let me break it down for you.
Since iOS 17 doesn’t offer a built-in way to turn a fun-loving GIF into a Live Sticker, you have to take a different route to fill up the void.
For this very purpose, we will use the Giphy app, which not only boasts a massive library of GIFs but also allows you to turn a GIF into a Live Photo. As you know in order to create a Live Sticker, you must have a Live Photo. So, will use Giphy to get it done.
Don’t worry, GIPHy is available for free and supports both iPhone and iPad. Hence, you can unlock this hack without having to shell out any bucks.
Convert a GIF into a Live Photo on iPhone and iPad
- First and foremost, download the Giphy app on your device.
- After that, open the app and sign up (or sign in to your account).
- Then, head over to the GIF you want to convert into a Live Sticker.
- Next, tap on the triple-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen and choose Convert to Live Photo in the menu.
- Next up, choose the Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) or Save as Live Photo (Fit to Screen) option.
Turn a Live Photo into a Live Sticker on iPhone or iPad
- To get started, open the Photos app and navigate to your Live Photo.
- Up next, touch and hold onto the image and choose Add Sticker and that’s all there is to it!
- It will instantly convert your Live Photo into a Live Sticker. You can now use it to spice up your iMessaging or even use it in other apps depending on your needs.
Send Live Stickers in the Apple Messages App on iPhone and iPad
- To get going, launch the Apple Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, tap on a conversation thread.
- Then, tap on the “+” button that shows to the left of the text box.
- Now, select Stickers in the vertical menu.
- Navigate to the Live Sticker you want to send and select it.
- Finally, hit the send button and you are good to go!
While it would have been better had there been a native way to use GIF as a Live Sticker, this workaround gets the job done without causing any discomfort. So, go ahead and make the most of this tip to craft a ton of eye-catching stickers on your device.