When you favorite any song, it is automatically added to your Apple Music library. Hence, you can access all your top hits from one spot and tune into the preferred ones. Needless to hop from one end to the other, if you can catch the entire jukebox with utmost! From a user-experience perspective, this is well-thought-out. But what if you would want to keep the favorites away from your library to keep your collection better organized? Well, there is finally a way to stop favourited songs from being automatically added to your music library on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Read on to…
Stop Favorited Songs Being Added to Apple Music Library on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Before going any further, you should know that keeping the favorites away from the music library in the Apple Music app requires iOS 17.2, iPadOS 17.2, or macOS 14.2. Therefore, ensure that your respective device is running the compatible version of the software.
Disallow Favorited Songs from Being Added to Apple Music Library on iPhone and iPad.
- To begin with, head over to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, scroll down and choose Music.
- Head over to the Library section and then turn off the toggle next to Add Favorite Songs. Then, quit the Settings app and that’s about it!
As discussed above, your favorites will now stay away from the music library. Therefore, you can rest assured that your personalized collection won’t be cluttered with unwanted songs.
At any time, if you want to revert the change, navigate to the same music setting and ensure that the toggle next to Add Favorite Songs is turned on.
Prevent Favorited Songs From Being Automatically Added to Music Library on Mac
- To get started, open the Music app on your Mac.
- Now, click on the Music menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, choose Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the Advanced tab.
- Under “the Add songs to Library when adding to,” section, make sure to uncheck the box next to Favorites.
- Finally, click on OK to confirm the action and you are good to go!
From now onwards, the favorited songs will no longer be included in the Mac’s music library. Later, if you ever happen to change your mind, return to the Music setting and then check the box next to Favorites.
To me, preventing the favorites from mixing with the music library offers better control over music collections. It makes sure only your selected songs exist in the music library. What do you think?