When you are dealing with a rather hectic life, you’ve got to manage your time like an astute planner. Else, you will always find yourself in a fix running behind the clock and taking the heat for being sluggish. So, just when you decide to take on your tasks with precision, you receive a random call from one of your friends. Even though you want to immediately end the call and get back to the business, you don’t want to hurt your friend’s feelings and therefore carry on with the conversation. And by the time the conversation gets over, much of your precious time is lost. Wouldn’t it be better if you could fake a dropped call on your iPhone without letting your friend know and kickstart your work on time? Yeah, that would be the need of the hour. Well, let me show you how this hack works!
How to Smartly Fake Dropped Calls on iOS
To get going, let’s discover how this trick works!
So, How Do You Fake a Call on iPhone Without Hurting Someone’s Feelings?
When you hang up a call on iPhone, a message saying, “Call Ended” is sent to the person on the other end of the conversation. This message makes it crystal clear that you have intentionally ended the phone call and is therefore termed rude. Moreover, it also puts your entire image in a bad light. However, if the call drops due to poor signal, the same message is read “Call Failed”. Though the “Call Failed” message is extremely annoying, it never puts the blame on you. Hence, we will try to get the most out of this very trick to fake dropped calls on iOS.
Use Airplane Mode to Fake Dropped Calls on iPhone
The fastest way to fake a dropped phone call on iOS is to use the Airplane mode. Yeah, you got that right! When this mode is turned on during a call, the call ends immediately. And a message reading, “Call Failed” is sent to the person on the other end of the person. While it sounds funny, you can count on it to rescue you from a meaningless conversation.
So, the next time you receive a boring call and want to get rid of it, bring this simple yet effective trick into play by following the quick steps below:
- On iPhone with Face ID: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the Control Center. After that, hit the Airplane icon so that it turns orange.
- On iPhone with Touch ID: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to access the Control Center and then tap on the Airplane mode icon to enable it.
It will instantly end the phone call. Note that when this mode is active, the green cellular button next to it completely grays out and the cellular provider name is replaced with a plane symbol.
As stated above, the person on the other will see a “Call Failed” message which would suggest that the call ended due to bad reception. So, you shouldn’t worry about being blamed for the abrupt end of the conversation.
To find out more about this hack, check out the video below:
You may also like to catch up with:
- How to Hide or Show Apps Behind Siri on iPhone and iPad
- How to Make Siri Talk When You Connect or Disconnect Your iPhone from Charger
- Siri Call Hangup: End FaceTime and Phone Calls With Siri in iOS 16
- How to Make Siri Wait Longer for You to Finish Speaking in iOS 16 on iPhone and iPad
- How to Skip Siri Confirmation in iOS 16 on iPhone and iPad
- How to Use FaceTime Handoff to Swap FaceTime Calls Between iPhone, iPad, and Mac