To better manage our personal and professional lives, many of us use two different phone numbers. As someone who also prefers to have multiple phone numbers, I must say that it helps in handling calls with enhanced peace of mind. Imagine how irritating it would be to get a call from a prospective client while you are holidaying with your loved ones in the Maldives. And what would be the level of annoyance if you receive a call from a long relative while you are deeply engrossed in a task at your desk? Fret not, the flexibility to set a different ringtone for two different phone numbers in iOS 17 can make your life much easier.
Select a Different Ringtone for Two Different Phone Numbers on iPhone
With the introduction of iOS 17, Apple has made it possible to choose a different ringtone for personal and professional phone numbers respectively. Hence, you can instantly now tell which phone number is ringing instead of digging into your pocket in a rush and taking a look at the incoming call screen.
- To get started, open the Settings app on your iPhone and choose Sounds & Haptics.
- Under Sounds & Haptics Pattern, select Ringtones.
- Next, you need to select the line for which you would like to change the ringtone.
- After that, scroll through the list of all the available ringtones and select the preferred ones.
- What if you want to set an interesting ringtone? Bother not, you can tap on the Tone Store to explore a ton of ringtones and buy a preferred one.
Choose the Desired Vibration Pattern or Create a New One
For a more personalized experience, you can also select the desired vibration pattern and also create a new one if you don’t like the readymade options.
- Tap on Vibration at the top of the screen and select the vibration pattern you like. If you want to keep it at default, select Synchronised (Default). Or, select None if you don’t want your device to vibrate on call.
- To create a custom vibration, tap on Create New Vibration and then create a new one by tapping on the screen. Tap on Stop once you are done and then hit Save at the top right corner of the screen to confirm.
- After that, go back to the Ringtone Settings screen and select the other line and customize its ringtone as well.
That’s pretty much it! So, that’s how you can choose a different ringtone for two different phone numbers on your iOS device. Give this neat feature a try and I’m sure it will please you no end.