iOS has, for a long time, offered a way to capture scrollable content in stock apps like Safari and save the content as a PDF document. However, there was no option to save captured content to the Photos app until iOS 17. Agreed, it’s better to convert multi-page content into a PDF document so that you can view and edit it with enhanced control. Nevertheless, having the flexibility to turn the snapped content into one long vertically scrolling photo can come in handy in several situations. Read on to learn how to save long-form web articles to the Photos app in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad.
Save Long-Form Web Articles or Scrollable Content to Photos App in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad
To begin with, let’s sort out a couple of fundamental questions pertaining to this latest iOS feature!
Which Apps Allow You to Save Content As a Scrollable Image?
It’s worth pointing out that the option to save a web article or any content as a scrollable image is only available in the stock apps. The supported apps are:
Is There Any Shortcoming That You Need to Keep in Mind?
Keep in mind that if a web article or the scrollable content is too long, the “Save to Photos” option might not appear. Hence, do not get confused if you find this new add-on missing.
Step-By-Step Guide to Saving Safari Web Articles to Photos App on iPhone or iPad
1. To get started, open the Safari app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 17 or later.
2. Now, head over to the web page that you would like to save as a scrollable image file.
3. Now, take a screenshot of the content.
- On your iPhone or iPad with the Home button: Press the Home button and the power button at once to capture a screenshot.
- On your iPhone or iPad without the Home button: Press the power button and the volume up button simultaneously to snap the screenshot.
4. Next, a preview of the screenshot will show up in the bottom left corner of the display. Make sure to tap on the preview to bring up the Instant Markup interface.
5. Next up, hit the Full Page tab in the top right corner of the Markup interface.
6. In order to save the scrolling content as a single image, hit the Done button and choose Save to Photos in the menu.
That’s pretty much it! Your web article will be successfully saved in the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
How Do You Save Scrollable Content in Maps, Notes, and Pages to Photos App?
Saving scrollable content as an image in apps like Maps, Notes, and Pages is pretty much the same. Just snap the screenshot of the content -> hit the preview -> Full Page -> Done -> Save to Photos and you are good to go!