From time to time, you should make sure to clear Safari downloads so that they do not clutter the browser. Else, the pileup of the downloaded files will not only slow down the browser but also gobble up plenty of precious storage unnecessarily. If you thought wiping out the clutter would require you to go through a roundabout way, let me tell you that it’s as straightforward as it can ever get. Moreover, you can get rid of it right from the browser. That said, read on to learn how to quickly clear Safari downloads in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad.
Quickly Clear Safari Downloads on iPhone and iPad
As someone who uses Safari as the default browser on iPhone, I never allow the downloads to stay for far too long. It plays a vital role in keeping the smooth functioning of the browser intact.
- First off, open Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, tap on the menu button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap on Downloads in the menu that pops up on the screen.
- Now, you should see all the files you have downloaded recently.
- Finally, tap on the Clear button at the top right corner of the menu and you are good to go!
And that’s pretty much it! So, that’s how you can instantly clean up Safari downloads on your iOS or iPadOS device. Now that you know how this slightly hidden Safari tip works, make the most of it to keep the clutter at a fair distance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the new Safari features in iOS 17 and iPadOS 17?
Already recognized as a robust browser, Safari has received a plethora of notable features in iOS 17. Whether it’s the ability to set up a private search engine, lock private browsing mode, custom profiles for managing personal and professional lives, or advanced tracking and fingerprinting protection, the browser has doubled down on both customization and privacy/security.
2. What are the best alternatives to Safari for iPhone and iPad?
Some of the best and most well-equipped Safari browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. If you are on the lookout for a complete browser both in terms of feature set and customization, Chrome is the way to go – without any iota of doubt. Moreover, Google’s browser also boasts a massive roster of extensions that let you amp up the customization game big time.