Apple Photos app has got several pretty neat features including the ability to lock your hidden album with Face ID/Touch ID, remove background from photos, and convert Live Photos into GIFs. Guess what? Another equally fascinating feature is the ability to loop a video.
Times when you want to watch a video repeatedly, this feature can have a role to play, especially during fun-filled moments with your loved ones. So, if you are ready to unlock this super cool feature, let me show you how to loop a video in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad.
Loop a Video in iOS iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad
Gone were the times when the stock photos app used to be just there to make numbers. Thanks to the addition of a plethora of editing tools, the app has become more than capable to let you fine-tune your shots. Notably, it’s also fully equipped to let you create, customize, and play slideshows to your heart’s liking.
It’s worth pointing out upfront that looping a video in the Apple Photos app on iOS/iPadOS works for any video that exists within the app. Whether you have recorded it using your device camera or downloaded it from the Internet, this hack has got you covered.
1. To get started, open the Photos app on iPhone on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, head over to the video you would like to play in a loop and tap on it.
3. Next, tap on the triple-dot icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Do note that in the older versions of iOS, you will need to tap on the Share icon.
4. Next up, choose “Slideshow” in the drop-down menu.
5. Up next, tap on “Options” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- If the “Options” button is hidden, tap on the screen to reveal it.
6. Then, turn on the toggle next to “Repeat”.
7. Finally, make sure to tap on “Done” at the top right corner of the screen and you are good to go! Voila! Your selected video will start playing in a loop repeatedly.
How to Stop a Video from Looping or Playing Repeatedly in the Photos app
- Later, if you want to stop your video from playing repeatedly, tap on the Done button at the top left corner of the screen.
- To completely disable the looping option, tap on the Options button at the bottom right corner of the screen. (If this button is not showing up, tap on the screen to bring it up). After that, turn off the toggle for Repeat and then hit the Done button at the top right to confirm the action.
That’s pretty much it! So, that’s how you can unravel this hidden iOS feature to play your favorite videos in a loop on your iOS or iPadOS device. Do you have any questions to ask? If yes, shoot it up via the comments below.