Safari shows all of your recently closed tabs right on the start page to ensure you don’t have to take the roundabout ways to bring on the closed tabs – if the need ever arrives. From a convenience perspective, this is a welcome addition to macOS. However, if you are a privacy-conscious person, there is a good chance you would find this feature privacy-intrusive. But bother not, there is a quick way to show or hide recently closed Safari tabs from the start page on Mac.
Hide Recently Closed Safari Tabs from Start Page on Mac
No matter how good a specific feature may be, it may fail to bring everyone on the same page. That’s the reason why giving a user the ultimate choice to enable/disable a feature at their will is the best way to go.
- First off, open Safari on your Mac.
- Next, click on the menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, uncheck the box to the left of Recently Closed Tabs and you are good to go!
The change will come into force with immediate effect and Safari will no longer show the recently closed tabs on the start page. Hence, you can rest assured that no one will be able to view your recent searches.
Show Recently Closed Safari Tabs on Start Page on Mac
Of course, if you ever wish to bring this feature back, you can do so without any hassle.
- To do so, launch Safari on your Mac and click on the menu icon at the bottom right corner of the interface.
- After that, check the box for Recently Closed Tabs and then close the menu.
That’s done! Going forward, your recently closed tabs will start showing on the start page.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why has Safari become so sluggish on my Mac?
There could be multiple reasons why Safari is not running smoothly on your Mac. For instance, the issue could be due to the cluttered storage on your Mac, software bug, and the pileup of browser history.
2. Can macOS Sonoma run smoothly on my old Mac?
As compared to Ventura, Sonoma is more stable. Thus, you can bank on it to run smoothly on your old Mac as well.
3. What are the major highlights of macOS Sonoma?
Some of the most talked about features of macOS Sonoma are desktop widgets, Safari profiles, and family passwords.