Equipped with much-improved camera and overall enhanced performance, iPhone 14 Series models have arrived as the most sought-after smartphones in the market. As compared to the standard variants, the pro models have impressive specs including the whopping 48-megapizel main camera, Dynamic Island, and robust A16 Bionic chip. According to Apple, a handful of iPhone 14 users are facing iMessage and FaceTime activation issues after setting up their phone. If you have also encountered the problem on your iPhone and are looking for ways to fix the issue, I have got you covered with some effective solutions. That said, let’s fix the iMessage and FaceTime issues after activation on iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max.
Best Tips to Fix iMessage and FaceTime Issues After Activation on iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max
Though iPhone 14 Series may claim to be at the forefront of attention, they are not perfect in all aspects. This issue along with the terrible camera shaking and always-on display ill-functioning just goes on show that. But bother not, the iMessage issue is common and can be resolved with ease.
1. Update Your iPhone
Profitably, the easiest way to fix the iMessage activation issue is to update the software. Therefore, you should go for it first up.
- To get started, plug your iPhone into a power outlet using a Lightning cable. After that, power plug and then ensure that your device is connected to a power source.
- Next, launch the Settings app -> General -> Software Update.
Tap Download and Install.
- If asked, make sure to enter your passcode.
2. Check Your Phone Line
Another important thing that you should do without fail is to check your phone line.
- Head over to the Settings app -> Cellular/Mobile Data and then make sure that your phone line is enabled.
3. Check Your Phone Number
- Just in case you use multiple SIMs, ensure that the phone number you wish to use is selected and turned on.
4. Select Correct Phone Number for iMessage
Make sure you have select the correct phone number for your iMessage.
- Navigate to the Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive and then select the phone number that you wish to use with Messages.
5. Select Correct Phone Number for FaceTime
Be sure you have chosen a correct phone number for FaceTime.
- Go to the Settings app -> FaceTime and then select the phone number that you would like to use with FaceTime.
6. Restore Your iPhone
If nothing has worked in fixing the issue, restore your iPhone as new. Bear in mind that it will completely erase your device
- Simply connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC. Then launch Finder or iTunes.
- After that, select your iPhone and back up your device. Note that if you want the backup to include your health data and Safari passwords, be sure to encrypt the backup. To do so, just check the box to the left of Encrypt Backup and then password-protect it.
- Once the backup is done, restore your iPhone and then set it up. During setup, Apple will let you restore your device via the most recent backup.
Fixed iMessage and FaceTime Issues on iPhone 14 Series
There you go! Hopefully, you have successfully fixed the iMessage and FaceTime issues after activation. Let me know the tips that have worked for you.