Having showcased iOS 17 at WWDC 23, Apple released the iOS 17 developer beta to beta testers and also promised to launch the iOS 17 public beta in July. Keeping that very promise, the Cupertino giant has unleashed the public beta of the latest iteration of iOS so that a large number of people can take the new add-ons for a test drive. So, if you are also willing to take the latest features for a spin in advance, follow along to learn how to download and install iOS 17 public beta on iPhone and iPad.
Download and Install iOS 17/iPadOS 17 Public Beta on iPhone and iPad
Apple has made beta testing a pretty smooth-sailing affair. For a change, you don’t need to download the software beta profile any longer. Unlike before, you can download the developer or public beta profile right from the software update section on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. What’s more, you don’t even need to be a subscriber to Apple Developer Program to get the developer beta as Apple has made it available for free.
But before jumping on the bandwagon, make sure to fully back up your iPhone without fail. Yeah, there are multiple reasons why you should do it beforehand. First and foremost, it ensures your sensitive data remains safeguarded from all hazards. And second, it allows you to restore the backup at any time you may want to downgrade from iOS 17 to iOS 16.
Ensure That You Have a Compatible Device
Another important box that you must check off before going any further is to check the iOS 17-supported devices list.
iPhone Models That Support iOS 17
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone SE 3
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Ma
iPad Models That Support iPadOS 17
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch.
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
Download iOS 17 Public Beta on iPhone and iPad
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on General -> Software Update.
- Next, tap on Beta Updates and choose iOS 17 Public Beta.
- After that, tap on the Back button at the top left corner of the screen.
- Next up, wait for a few seconds to allow the iOS 17 public beta profile to appear.
- Tap on Download and Install to start downloading the beta profile.
- When prompted, make sure to agree to the terms and conditions.
For whatever reason, if the iOS 17 software update gets stuck, try out these pro tips to fix the iOS 17 update stuck issue.
Install iOS 17 Beta on iPhone and iPad
Once the iOS 17 beta has been downloaded, you can install it as usual.
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the Settings menu, tap on General -> Software Update.
- Tap on Install Now.
- Then, allow the update to get installed peacefully.
Time to Dive into the Depth of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17
There you have it folks! Now, it’s time to take the iOS 17 beta for a long spin. To help you unlock all the cool and hidden features, we have rounded up over 60 best iOS 17 hidden features. Be sure to check that lineup so that you don’t miss out on any noteworthy add-ons.