Facebook keeps a complete record of the web pages you visit. Hence, you can keep track of your entire Facebook link history and choose to easily access the recently visited articles – if ever the need arrives. While this is indeed a helpful feature, some privacy-conscious folks might want to take control of the link history and wipe it out from time to time. If you are one of them, let me show you how to delete Facebook link history on iPhone and Android with ease.
Clear Facebook Link History on iPhone and Android
Not just Facebook, Instagram also provides a hassle-free way to clear link history. As an Instagram user, you would want to be familiar with this privacy feature. Depending on your needs, you can clear specific links individually or choose to eliminate the entire clutter in one go.
- To get started, launch Facebook on your iPhone or Android.
- Now, tap on the menu button at the bottom right corner of the user interface. On Android, tap on the menu button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and choose Settings & privacy.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Link History.
- If you want to get rid of a specific link, tap on the X button right next to it.
- However, if you want to clean up the entire Facebook link history at once, tap on the Clear All option at the top right and confirm the action.
And that’s all about wiping out the link history in the Meta-owned Facebook app. Now that you are familiar with this hidden privacy feature, make the most of it to ensure no one is able to find out the websites that you frequently visit via the Facebook app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Facebook crashing repeatedly on my mobile device?
Ans: There are a couple of main reasons why Facebook is crashing repeatedly on your mobile device. The outdated version of the app and clogged space on the device are one of the main reasons why apps tend to crash. Hence, taking these two usual suspects into account can help you resolve the problem.
2. How do you stop Facebook from using your location on iPhone?
Ans: On your iPhone, head over to the Settings app -> Privacy & Security -> Location Services -> Now, scroll down to find Facebook, and then choose Never or While Using the App as per your needs.
3. Which is the best alternative to Facebook?
Ans: Reddit and LinkedIn are the two most capable alternatives to Facebook. Besides, you can also count on Instagram and Twitter to fill up the void with aplomb.