Apple Notes app has got all the bases covered to be your go-to note-taking app. So, whether you want to lock your notes with Face ID to ward off unauthorized access, scan documents, or convert notes into PDF, it has got a plethora of user-friendly features to live up to the task. Another equally important feature is the ability to add signature to notes on iPhone and iPad. If it sounds interesting to you, here is how you can give your note a professional touch by adding a digital signature.
Add/Remove/Customize Signature on iPhone and iPad (Hands-on guide)
Running an older version of iOS but still want to get this handy feature? Bother not! While this guide has been written in accordance with iOS 17, the steps are almost the same as in the previous iterations of iOS like iOS 16 and 15. Therefore, you may get the most out of this feature irrespective of which version of the operating system you are rocking on your device.
How to Create a Signature on iPhone and iPad
Step 1. To get started, open the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2. Now, open a note.
Step 3. After that, tap anywhere on the screen to reveal the software keyboard.
Step 4. Then, tap on the Markup icon right above the keyboard.
Step 5. Next, tap on the “+” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 6. Next up, tap on Add Signature in the menu.
Step 7. Up next, you can sign your name using your finger or a digital pencil
- If you aren’t pleased with your signature, tap on the Clear button at the bottom to remove the signature and sign again.
Step 8. When you are happy with your signature, tap on Done at the top right corner of the screen to finish.
Best Apple Pencil Alternatives You Can Buy
If you wish to sign with more precision, I would recommend you buy Apple Pencil which is by far the best digital pen on the market. However, if you want to have a more affordable yet pretty good stylus, check out these three notable alternatives to Apple Pencil.
Sporting a grippy design, Jamjake stylus comes with a 1.5mm pen tip that provides higher sensitivity and a more comfortable signal. Thanks to the palm rejection technology, it also offers a natural feeling so that you can draw, sketch, or write with precision.
2. Adonit Neo
Adonit is well-known for producing top-notch stylus at a comparatively affordable price point. Pretty much on the expected line, “Neo” has got all the bases covered to be your trusted stylus. The impressive ergonomic design, sensitive tip, and palm rejection technology make it a complete package.
3. Penoval Stylus Pen
In more ways than one, Penoval Stylus Pen is a premium stylus. What gives it an edge over many other rivals is the pro-looking profile. Design aside, it features a 0.5-inch nib that plays a vital role in offering better tilt sensitivity and higher accuracy.
How to Add Signature to Notes on iPhone and iPad
Once you have created a signature, adding it to a note is as easy as it can ever get.
- Open the Notes app -> head over to the note where you want to add a signature -> tap on anywhere on the screen -> Markup tool -> “+” button -> Add a signature.
- Now, tap on your Signature in the menu to add it.
How to Customize Your Signature on iPhone and iPad
Depending on your needs, you can also customize the digital signature so that it looks professional.
- Tap on your signature to enter the editing mode.
- Then, tap on the Markup tool at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you can choose the desired size at the bottom of the screen. If you want to adjust the size of the signature, use the handle.
- To change the color, tap on the color palette and then select a preferred color.
How to Remove Signature from Specific Notes on iPhone and iPad
If you no longer want to keep a digital signature in a specific note, you can easily remove it.
- Just tap on the signature -> hit the triple-dot icon in the menu and tap Delete in the menu.
How to Completely Delete a Signature in Apple Notes App on iPhone and iPad
Later, if you ever want to completely delete your digital signature, you can do so without any hassle.
- First off, launch the Notes app on your iOS or iPadOS device and then open any note -> tap anywhere on the screen to show the keyboard -> Markup icon -> “+” button -> Add Signature -> Add or Remove Signature in the menu.
- Now, tap on the red minus button to the left of a signature and then hit the Delete button. Make sure to tap on Done at the top-right corner of the screen to finish.
Add or Remove Signature in Notes on iPhone and iPad
There you go! So, that’s how you can add, customize, and remove signatures on your iOS or iPadOS device. Hopefully, you have found this guide helpful. If you have any doubts or related questions, be sure to shoot ’em up via the comments below.