One of the highlights of the Apple Freeform app is the ability to add a sticky note to your boards. It comes in handy for giving some additional information about any item. To ensure your sticky notes look in line with your taste, the app offers some neat customization. And if you want the nifty notes to remain exactly as you have designed them, you can choose to even lock your notes. Yeah, you read that right! Sounds interesting? Let me show you how to add, customize, and lock sticky notes in Freeform on iPhone and iPad.
Create, Customize, and Lock Your Sticky Notes in Freeform on iPhone and iPad
Apart from letting you add some additional information, sticky notes can
also play a vital role in making your projects pleasing to the eyes. You can customize your sticky notes with different colors and amp up the fun quotient by popping emojis. And with the locking mechanism, you have the freeform to make them
This is just the tip of the iceberg! To unravel more such handy hacks, check out our ultimate guide with the 42 best tips and tricks to use Apple Freeform on iPhone and iPad like a pro.
Add Sticky Notes to Apple Freeform App on iPhone or iPad
- Go to the Freeform app -> All Boards -> specific board.
- Now, tap on the tiny Sticky Note icon at the bottom left corner of the screen to add a sticky note to your board.
- Next, double-dap inside the sticky note to bring up the software keyboard.
- After that, write the text you want to add and you are good to go!
Customize Your Sticky Notes in Freeform App on iPhone and iPad
Head over to the Freeform app -> All Boards -> choose a particular board -> Then, tap on your sticky note.
- Change the color of your Freeform sticky note: tap on the sticky note and then hit the color palette icon in the menu. After that, choose the desired color.
- Add funny emojis to your Freeform sticky note: double-tap inside the sticky note to bring up the software keyboard. After that, tap on the emoji icon at the bottom of the software keyboard -> find the desired emoji, and select it.
- Increase/decrease the size of the emojis inside the Freeform sticky note: tap on the sticky note -> tap on the Aa text icon inside the menu at the bottom. After that, tap on the “+” button to increase the size of the emojis and hit the “-” button to decrease the size of the emojis.
- Add description for Assistive technology: Notably, you can also add a short description that will be used for Assistive technology like VoiceOver. To do it, tap on the sticky note -> tap on the tiny triple-dot icon in the menu at the bottom -> choose Description in the menu -> type in the description.
- In the end, make sure to tap on Done at the top right corner of the screen.
Lock Freeform Sticky Notes on iPhone and iPad
If you don’t want anyone to make changes to the sticky note, you can choose to lock it.
- Head over to the Freeform app -> All Boards -> open a board -> tap on a sticky note.
- Now, tap on the triple-dot icon in the menu and choose Lock. That’s it! Now, the “X” icons will appear on all four corners of the sticky note.
- Later, if you want to remove the lock, tap on the sticky note -> tap on the triple-dot icon at the bottom -> choose Unlock.
Delete a Sticky Note in Freeform on iPhone or iPad
If you no longer want to keep a sticky note, you can get rid of it with ease.
- Simply, tap on the sticky note you want to get rid of and hit the trash icon in the menu.
There you go! So, that’s how you can create and customize your Freeform sticky notes on your iOS or iPadOS device. Do you have any feedback to share? If yes, send it across via the comments section below.