While there is no denying the fact that iOS is more advanced and delivers a seamless experience, it’s not perfect. One of the most common issues that many often complain about is the unexpected apps crashing on iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately, this issue has been quite prevalent on iOS 16 as well. But fret, these 4 reliable tips and tricks can help you fix apps crashing in iOS 16 on iPhone and iPad.
Tips to Fix Apps Crashing on iPhone and iPad
All set? Well, start troubleshooting the misbehaving app with the first trick. If that gets the job done, you are good to go! However, if that doesn’t click, keep trying until you have got the better of the problem.
1: Force Quit the Problematic Apps
One of the easiest ways to fix apps crashing on iOS is to force kill the problematic apps.
- On iPhone and iPad without the home button: Swipe up from the home bar and hold. After that, swipe up the app card to kill the app.
- On iPhone and iPad with the home button: Double-press the home button and then swipe up on the app card to force quit the app.
Now, launch the apps to check if the issue has been sorted out. If it has, you are good to go!
2: Update Your Apps
If you haven’t updated apps on your iOS device for a long time, chances are pretty high that the problem could be due to the outdated version of the apps.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad > Today tab > profile at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and then either update all of your apps at one go or update one app at a time.
3: Delete and Reinstall the Apps
If the apps are still crashing on your iPhone, delete and reinstall them. Well-known for fixing persistent app-related issues, this hack deserves a try.
- Just touch and hold the app icon > Remove App > Delete App and then confirm the action.
- Now, head into the App Store > search for the apps and then reinstall them.
4: Update Your iPhone or iPad
Yet to fix the issue? Needless to panic since software update often comes with a plethora of bug fixes and performance improvements. Thus, you can trust this solution to help you troubleshoot the app crashing problem on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad > General > Software Update. Now, download and install the latest version of the software.
Hopefully, you have got the better of the app crashing issue on your iPhone. Which one of the above tricks has helped you overcome the app crashing problem? Make sure to let us know that in the comments below.