One of the highlights of the iPhone 15 Pro is the “Action” Button. What makes it so handy is the ability to let you instantly activate many features and even launch your favorite apps. Unfortunately, the action button is not working on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max for some users. If you have also found it ill-functioning, give a try to these viable tips and tricks to fix the iPhone 15 Pro action button.
How to Fix Action Button Not Working on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max
To begin with, let’s briefly discuss what could be ailing the Action button and what you can do to get rid of the problem sooner rather than later.
There could be both a software and a hardware problem behind the malfunctioning of the Action button. If the issue is due to a minor software glitch, you can fix it through some handy software tricks. However, if it is due to the latter, you will have to knock on Apple’s door to get the button fixed.
Whatever, we will first focus a bit on how the iPhone 15 Pro Action button works, figure out what you can do with the button, and also learn how to fine-tune it. Hence, if you have any confusion regarding its functionality, a clear understanding will help you sort it out.
1. Keep It In Mind
Do note that the Action button enables or disables the ringer by default. So, do not be confused to find it doing the same thing as the erstwhile “Mute” switch.
2. Customize Your Action Button
If you would like to make the action button work in line with your preference, make sure to customize it.
- To get done, dive into the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro -> Action -> Now, choose the action that you want the button to perform with a long press.
3. Everything You Can Do with the Action Button
Another important thing that you should do beforehand is to find out what you can do using the Action button on your iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max.
- Silent mode (default)
- Focus mode
- Translate (slated to launch through an update by the end of this year)
- Voice Memo
- Accessibility features
After you have set specific functions to the Action button, you will be able to invoke them with the long-press. With the haptic feedback, the button works with the desired efficiency. Better still, it also shows the related information on the Dynamic Island so that you can easily figure out what’s going on.
4. Speed Up the Haptic Feedback of Your Action Button
It’s worth pointing out that iOS 17 offers a neat way to speed up the Haptic Touch. So, if you find the Action button a bit sluggish or doesn’t seem to respond to the long-press faster, it would be better to go for the faster Haptic Touch.
- On your iPhone 15 Pro, head over to the Settings app -> Accessibility.
- Now, tap on Touch -> Haptic Touch.
- Finally, choose Fast.
- Now, try to use the Action button to check if it has started to respond and work as usual.
5. Hard Reset Your iPhone
Should the problem still persist, force reset your iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max.
- On your iPhone 15 Pro, press the volume up button -> press the volume down button. After that, hold down the side button until the Apple logo greets you on the screen.
- After your iPhone 15 Pro/15 Pro Max has rebooted, long-press the Action button to find out whether or not it has started to function as expected. If it has, you’ve gotten the better of the problem.
6. Update Software
As I said above, a software bug could also be equally responsible for the Action button not functioning issue. I hope the software update fixes the bug.
- On your iPhone 15 Pro, go to the Settings app -> General -> Software Update -> Download and install the latest version of iOS 17.
7. Contact Apple Support
If nothing has worked in troubleshooting the Action button, contact Apple Support without any delay. There is a high chance that the button is either broken or faced with some hardware issues that are preventing it from working properly.